Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anyone shed light on the difference between these engine types?

I have a Kangoo 1.4 which is E7J 634 and a Megane E7J 764, I was hoping to swap the Megane into the Kangoo as it has a big end knock.

The lump looks the same, but I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me if this would work.

Thanks for looking.

R

·
0 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Renault Forums :)

I belive they probably will be the same as long as they are both from manual cars as I know on some Renault engines the crank shaft hole positions are different between manual and automatic gear box applications ?:confused:

From what I know the 3 didgits tell which car application the engine is used in some things like the air filter box will probably be different ?

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Hi
The engine from megane might not have the holes for the upper mounting on its head (or maybe they exist but megane's 1.4 engine had its front mount positioned below right on the engine. Also the timing belt cover was different - megane one piece plastic, clio upper alloy part with mounting and lower plastic part.
Clio - same as Kangoo - has the holes but for megane i am not sure - check.
DG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies.

I have since removed the Kangoo lump and compared the two units.

The Kangoo unit has injection and the Migane Carb distributor, there are other significant differences on the head though the block looks to be the same (ish)

I now have a (allegedly) 30,000 mile Migane engine destined for Ebay.

I think I will repair the original as most second-hand units are coming in at the same price as a complete overhaul.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts