Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I drive a Laguna 5 stud which as an offset tollerance of 35mm-45mm I believe?

Anyway if I tried to fit alloys with an offset of 50mm I am guessing rubbing of the wheel on the inside against the arch lining would happen?

Anyway my query is. If I were to fit the wheels with a 5mm spacer would this effectively solve the problem? I am guessing this would take the wheels back to as if they were 45mm offset, although I know they are still 50mm stopping any potential problems? Also is there any give in the maximum 45mm tollerance on the Laguna (post facelift 2005)? Survely there is a bit of extra space beyond the 45mm? A kinda safety net figure being the 45mm?

Help appriciated as I have seen lovely wheels but wanna know I can get around the 50mm offset problem before buying?

Thanks in advance :d

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Heres an offset calculator to help you...

Wheel Offset Calculator

As long as the wheels aren't any wider than the standard ones,then the 50mm offset wheels will need 10mm spacers to be bang on between the tolerances.If you go down this route,then you'll obviously need some longer wheel bolts!

If the tolerance is 35-45mm,then you need to aim for 40mm.:)

One thing you need to bear in mind,though,is the wheels may fit fine with a 50mm offset and clear the arches/inner wheel arch,but they could ruin the handling of the car.If you are in any doubts,contact a trusted alloy wheel supplier,I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you and will stop you making an expensive mistake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts