Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a espace of ebay to strip for parts, it had 4 renault alloy wheels on it.

on the hubs where 4 plastic spacer things with 73.1 stamped on them.

One of them came off in pieces so I need to find where I can buy a replacement from. I dont know if they are standard things for espaces with alloys.

I call them spacers, but they are more like wheel center reducers to match the espace hub :crazy:

I Hope you know what i`m on about lol, if not i`ll get some pictures up.

thnx

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi the things you talk about are for the centre of the wheels so they site on the hub and stop movement if the wheels if they are Renault wheels you will need to go to them but if thay are aftermarket wheels you may get them off of ebay i seen them not that long ago i hope this helps Donald

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Oh sorry they may be wheel spacers because some aftermarket wheels need them so to stop rubbing the inside part of the wheel arch i hope this also helps iam sorry i did not know which you were talking about

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks donald, I will give renault a call in the morning.

It sounds like they are the first thing you posted as they just make the wheel hole smaller to fit the hub rather than space them out.

thx

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Thanks donald, I will give renault a call in the morning.

It sounds like they are the first thing you posted as they just make the wheel hole smaller to fit the hub rather than space them out.

thx
Yes thats it if they are renault wheels i would of though you will only get them from renault but you may want to try ebay i hope this helps

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi AZcs, I think youll find they are hub spigot spacers, they space out the centre of the alloy wheel to match the central spigot on the hub of your car, Renault are 60.1 in general (some Espace's are larger esp the 5 hole wheels) but some other makes of wheels are bigger, therefore you need the spacer. .... you usually find 2 sizes, one for the spigot and one for the wheel, ie 73.1 (wheel) and 60.1 (spigot/hub.)

Should be available from any dealer or any "tuning" shop that sells after market alloy wheels.

hope it helps :)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Who's spaced out then

Came across this problem recently and luckily enough my local alloy wheel supplier had a good look through his box of bits and was able to find a few that fitted and he only charged me a quid. Apparently they come across this problem on a regular basis. So why not try a wheel supplier - easier than faffing about on ebay just hoping and praying you get the right ones.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts