Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
OJStringbob
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i own a megane 04 1.6 dynamic 5 door hatchback. I note wen driving along somtime when accelerating and cruising a slide vibration or wobble coming from the from off side wheel. I can also feel it through the steering wheel but when i brake its disapears. I have not had a chance to take the wheel off yet but i will at weekend. Also wheel ballancing weights still intact. Any help will be apriciated many thanks

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
Is this wobble/ vibration at a certain speed ?

Could be a number of things I suppose including wheel balancing, a wheel nut being done up tight enough :)eek:), tracking being out etc etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Take a look at ur tie rod ends, I have just had to do mine also could be the tie rods themselves ether they have come loose or worn out, make sure you get both sides done tho cos not had my car long and who had car before only done one side of what ever they had to replaced and they have worn again because the un balance ( get garage to do work as you will need the tracking done also find out what parts you need and get them yourself as will be cheeper over all )

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: wheel wobble. Possible wheel balance

I had steering wheel wobble, particularly when accelerating which has just been fixed.

A rip off garage near my work replaced the ball joints and cv boot and the wobble has gone. I also had a rattling from under the car somewhere which they have fixed as well.

The down side is they took a day longer to do it than they were meant to which meant I hads to get public transport which takes an hour longer than driving due to bad links. They also added something to the bill without my permission and messed up my wheel balancing. I will be talking to Trading Standards tomorrow and then contacting my credit card company to dispute part of the payment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts