Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently my exhaust is making areally loud sound any way discovered that it is the middle section that is the problem.Yesterday my husband went under the car with the front end of the car off the ground and when he turned the engine on the front wheels were turning on ther own is this right as i have never noticed this before on any car.If this is right when i am stationery surely the car would be trying to move away i could understand it if it were an automatic and it was in drive but it is a manuel.Any advice would br gratefully received.:confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it was not in gear at the time .The only thing i have noticed is when setting of from being stationery you feel a little judder the only wat i can describe it is like the wheel is not gripping the road .Also will i have to get a complete exhaust or will i be able to buy the piece that is damaged.And has anyone any idea of cost?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi there .It is quite normal for wheels to turn slowly when they are off the ground and the gearbox is in neutral.Its due to the oil being forced around the gearbox by the speed of the spinning input shaft causing other parts to turn slowly when no resistance on them ie the weight of the car.Hope this helps:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts