Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dial on the heater panel to set the temp doesn't work properly - if I turn it there's resistance and it springs back to where it was.

Either the cable has seized, or the flap it operates is seized - but where are they? Haynes says remove glove box & they are behind it (and they are in the LHD picture they show), but I can't see them anywhere near there in my RHD.

Are they on the steering wheel side of the centre console on a RHD car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

The Haynes manual is wrong (again). The cables/flaps are on the drivers side on a RHD car.

:steam: Mini Rant mode: Why on earth did Haynes 'dumb down' their manuals? They used to be an excellent source of good information - now they just sort of hint at the jobs you might be able to do given more information, and the information they give is most often lacking in detail. They have a few pictures (that are all numbered) but don't refer to them in the text using the number. On other occasions it says to see the illustration - but there isn't one. Rant off.

A

·
0 Posts
Why on earth did Haynes 'dumb down' their manuals? They used to be an excellent source of good information
Perhaps they think the next generation is not as bright
and may have a reading deficit.

OR MAYBE THEY CAN NO LONGER FIND THE STAFF THEMSELVES

1 - 3 of 3 Posts