Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a Renault Meganne Scenic registered in uk in 2001 , 1600 16v with air conditioning ,
i have had great problems since the cam belt snapped,i had to replace the valves to one barrel and rebuild.
It ran ok for about 200 miles then something went wrong as it wouldnt start , and i ended up with no compression on three barrels .
It was cheaper for me to buy a full used engine than get a replacement head so i got the second hand engine and replaced it all , althugh hard work , i enjoyed doing it.
i am now at the point of plugging everything back in but the below plug defies fitting into any hole i can find.
the wires are orange and grey i am almost certain , but may at the next option be orange and black.

Can anyone point me in the direction as to where it fits,

i have tried to turn the engine over but it hasnt started, i need some more oil before i have another go thanks
IMG_20200329_190253.jpg
IMG_20200329_190338.jpg

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,545 Posts
With the best will in the world unless someone can WORK out if the picture relates to the Front of the car, The Drivers/passenger side, or bulk head, then ????????
To me it looks like its off the Aircon compressor, but thats just a guess

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the best will in the world unless someone can WORK out if the picture relates to the Front of the car, The Drivers/passenger side, or bulk head, then ????????
To me it looks like its off the Aircon compressor, but thats just a guess
youve hit the nail on the head re the location , front or back , having taken the engine out then in order to hoist the new engine into place i i just scooped the wiring to one side like a fool having no regard to the fact i wouldnt know where everything goes. ive had a nightmare fitting back the cables i have fitted and i am sure they arealll in the right place , but this last cable has defeated me , it is long enough to just reach around to the back of the engine , almost to the starter motor , it also reaches to the alternator etc to the front of the engine,
i spent most of yesterday checking all cables and double checking , and feeling around for any empty socket without gain
i have searched the aircon compressor and there appears to be no electrical connection to it , least not that i can find. i am baffled

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
4,342 Posts
The compressor on my wiring diagram has a black and orange.
Can't see it on the car but there is a wire going down a rabbit hole behind the alternator bracket and I seem to recall seeing it from the other side doing the timing belt.
A diesel fuel heater would use those colours as well.
Bloody hell, so does the LH indicator :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Think @ours2012 is on the money there ............

Busy on a clients vehicle and this is where it goes:

View attachment 183138

Thank you ,
that the place. Ive spent two days now looking thinking its an April fools joke , ive just been down to car to resolve the issue, at first i thought it wasnt the right place as the socket is a funny shape and it had to be lined up exactly , once done a very re assuring click could be heard as it fell into place , i would never have found that in a month of sundays
Heres a picture of mine in place, in my defence although its so obvious with the plug socket in place, the hole itself is well hidden, ive found some protective sleeve in the boot that need to be fitted tomorrow ,
THANK YOU ALL ,i do appreciate the time given to assist a stranger
i have had some oil and a filter delivered today , i need to get some gearbox oil but the cost of that seems rediculous (£80 ish)i need to research it before i order any .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts