Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 97 1.6 Scenic with Multipoint Fuel Injection. I need to locate the old one to get the part number in order to buy the correct replacement. There's one on eBay so I need to be sure I get the correct one.

Many thanks

Cormac

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I'm guessing that you have the 8 valve engine,in which case the valve should be in the throttle body.Just follow the throttle cable,when you reach the end that is connected to the engine,the IAC valve is directly behind it.

I would ask for instructions on how to program the new one after fitting it.I know on Peugeots,which use similar valves,you have to drive the car at certain speeds for certain amounts of time to allow the valve to learn it's parameters.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found it thanks. Do these ever stick or do they just work and not ? Sometimes the idling is racing to 3000 but other times it's perfect so I wonder if it's just a minor fault fixable by a good dose of Bardahl Carb Cleaner.

Cormac

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
They can sometimes stick due to carbon build up and removing them and cleaning them can help,but they will usually cause problems with stalling if they're dirty and not excessively high revs.....that usually indicates that the unit is fubar'd.

If you do remove it and clean it,do it with the ignition switched off,otherwise there is a chance that the end of it will unscrew itself and fall off......not that I've had it happen to me....ahem...:rolleyes::dNot since the first time,anyway.....:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts