Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My 1995 laguna somtimes wants to start and sometimes doesn't. From looking on the forums seems that this is a problem with the Top Dead Centre Senor, which appears to be an easy DIY job!!?

Could you just let my know where I can find this sensor on a 1995 1.8 8v laguna.

Many thanks

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
What symptoms have you got,Nippy?.Does it just turn over and not fire?

The TDC sensor should be at the top of the joint between the gearbox and engine.:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, about once a week (don't ask why, usually Mondays or Saturdays!!) the engine will turn over but just not start. If I leave it for a while (on a couple of occasions this has meant staying over at friends for an extra night or getting public transport home) it will start again.

When it is running it doesn't cut out and runs fine.

Not sure if this is coincidence - but sometimes when I remove the HT leads and replace them it will start.

I cannot find any reference to the Top Dead Centre Sensor in the Haynes Manual, and furthermore found another post on this forum which seemed to suggest that my car my not have one, which I worrying 'cos all the symptoms that I have seem to replicate those suffered by numerous clio and megane owners - whose problem has been resolved by cleaning or replacing the sensor.

Let me know what you think.

Just as a pointer what does the Sensor look like?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi lagdti, I'm having similar starting problems with my 2001 Kangoo 1.4 petrol. Although not serious, yet. I can see what I take to be the TDC sensor (just above the flywheel/ring-gear) but I can just about get a finger on it, never mind my hand. Can you advise as to how it comes out. I've just blasted it with compressed air in the hope that any crud will have been shifted.
Kind Regards
Kangoo 2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you find out where the Top Dead Centre sonsor was located on your 8v ?

I have a Megane '98 8v and I cannot find a reference in the haynes for it.

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did you find out where the Top Dead Centre sonsor was located on your 8v ?

I have a Megane '98 8v and I cannot find a reference in the haynes for it.

Thanks
It's as I said in my previous post. But it's impossible to remove without quote "A major strip-down of the pipe work around the sensor" That's according to the Renault Dealer. They said they would need the car for a full day?:steam: I've had no problem since I blasted it with my compressor.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts