Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya everyone. I am new to the forum so please be nice lol. Not sure if i have put this in the right place :confused:

I have got a 3 door 2001 Renault Clio Dynamique. I have had it since sept last year. About a month a go water started coming in under the back seat in the coner. The roof lining isnt wet so i dont understand how its getting in. I have put tape on the roof where it joines (if you get what i mean?) & i have also put tape on the window where i thought it was getting in but its still somehow getting in!! :confused: I have looked in the light cluster but thats dry too. Hear is a pic of under the seat where its coming in. Its coming in from the right hand coner under the carpet bit, just behind that bolt.

Click on the link.

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t131/zoe_clark_2007/?action=view&current=12022011210.jpg

Hope that makes sence. Thanks

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
It may not be this, but I'd check the metal work where it makes contact with the door seal, check for small dinks where maybe some plonckers got a brolly stuck in the door while closing it.
:devil:
PS. I've had 2 cars both of them Laguna's affected in this way both on the near side rear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiya. Thanks for your reply. I have had a look & no its not that. Did you ever fix your Laguna's & find out where the water was coming in??

Its raining today & its leaked again!!! Soooo fed up with it. I love my car but i am sooooo frustrated because i dont know how its getting in!!! :devil: :mad:

Anyone else help me??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello. It cant be coming in from the fuel filler because its on the other side but me & my fella went out to have a look & took the boot liner out & it was wet all down one side (same said where it is wet underneath the back seat) He took the light cluster out, pulled the carpet away to have a look & it was wet. He dried it & put kitchen roll there so tomorrow we are gonna have a look to see if the kitchen roll is wet. If it is then we think it might be coming in from the light cluster. He's gonna have a better look tomorrow & take the carpet off that covers the left hand side of the boot. Really hope we have found where is coming in!!

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Kitchen roll or tissue can dry out after getting wet.
A better way of tracing the source is to dry the area out best you can - then sprinkle talcum powder around - even up around the light cluster. Any incoming water will leave a distinctive trail.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts