Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry evryone i am new hear and i dont realy know alot about cars, anyway i bought a laguna fopr £195 which for it's condition i thought was awsome, anyway, when i got it they told be there was 2 problems, the heater matrix and the rear bearings, well the bearings i have sorted, there is lewaks in the car but i need to buy new seals as i know what that one is, but i took the hose off in the engine bay that leads to the matrix and i blasted it out untill it ran clear, after this i discovered that the bleed valve on the pipe was dodgy, anyway with some quick thinking and a simple bodge i put a plastic ropetie around the pipe and pressing the bleed valve into place, this stoped the pipe from leaking, i then managed to get heat but only when i was driving (reving) not only that but my rear windscreen demister has never worked since i bought it and neither did the boot central locking, iv now fixed the lock and in an attemped to fix the rear demister i tried to take the controll panel out for the heater controlls, anyway i couldnt seem to get the top half out and gave up so put it back in, now when i press the demister button i hear a clicking from the fuse box, (never heard it before) but the light on the button still comes on (as always) its like the lights on but nobodys home, anyway thats my problem.

in a simple manner i have no rear de mister and no heating... HEEEEEELLLPPPPPP!!!!

Sorry for the Essay and thanks to you all...

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
It sounds like the heater matrix is properly choked - a common issue I'm afraid - and can only be properly cured with a replacement item. These can be replaced without removing the dash but the job is quite fiddly. Have a look using the search facility and see what it throws up for you.
There is also a common issue with a multiplug hidden behind one of the interior panels in the boot - sorry can't remember which side :eek: - where the power supply for the heater rear screen runs. The multiplug tends to melt and the connection is lost. I have seen some "repaired" with the plug being cut out and the wiring soldered together.
Good luck :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trouble is i have looked at the matrix and like i say have cleaned it out, an AA man told me it was the impeller in the water pump, i just dont wanna spend loads when i can spend a little is asll, and as for the blug in the boot, yes i have taken it apart about a week back as a hunch, but all seems fine, also looked in the passanger footwell, also seems fine...

i am sooooo lost

1 - 3 of 3 Posts