Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I have an F4R engine, but apparently there are many types with different numbers after that code.

How do I find it?

It's not the JM0U code that's in the logbook.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
4,268 Posts
I'm sure I have an F4R engine, but apparently there are many types with different numbers after that code.

How do I find it?

It's not the JM0U code that's in the logbook.
look at the engine just to the right towards the gearbox just above the TDC bolt should be a number also look in the drivers manual
Ron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just above the TDC sensor?:d
I'm sure you're right but as yet I have not even managed to find the TDC sensor, even though I know exactly where it is :d

Out with the mirrors and torch then.

I had a squint in the drivers handbook, but nothing. Just tyre pressures and the usual general information.

·
4,268 Posts
Just above the TDC sensor?:d
I'm sure you're right but as yet I have not even managed to find the TDC sensor, even though I know exactly where it is :d

Out with the mirrors and torch then.

I had a squint in the drivers handbook, but nothing. Just tyre pressures and the usual general information.
its on the front facing the rad just above the tdc locking bolt
hold on i will go out and have a look at mine
Ron

·
4,268 Posts
ok line up with dipstick get your eye level down to the rad or as near as you can you will then see it on the engine block mine has renault fdp and just below that a number i cant read prob the serial number
Ron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried all angles, just can see anything there. Thanks though.
I'll give Renault a call, I'm sure they must have it somewhere.:rolleyes:

Whilst poking about, I did find why the a/c pipework is vibrating on the scuttle panel though. When the belt was done, they didn't put the compressor or whatever it is, back in the right place so the pipework was in the wrong place. Can't get my hand in there, so will need to remove the wheel arch liner.
What fun on a rainy say.:d

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.