Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a Renault Megane Coupe Cabriolet on a Y plate, 2001.
I am having trouble finding a car seat that will safely fit in the back seat. My 9 month old son has outgrown his first stage rear facing car seat and I am looking to purchase a forward facing model.
A trip to Halfords, who offer a free fitting service, proved fruitless, due to the shape of the back seat and low fixed headrests, they reccommended I contact Renault directly.
Having received a brochure I enquired at my local dealer who advised that their car seats are manufactured by Britax, therefore if Halfords couldn't get a Britax Duo Plus to fit safely then Renault's model wouldn't either.
Surely there must be a car seat out there to fit my car!!!

My local dealer took this oppurtunity to try and get me to upgrade to the new Megane Cabriolet which has Isofix etc but I think he is missing the point here! I don't need a new car, just a child seat!

Any advice would be so gratefully received!

Kind regards,

Michelle. :)

S

·
0 Posts

Click to visit page
Hi Michelle and welcome to the forums. In my personal experience you would be best speaking direct to Britax. Their customer service IMHO is excellent:

Customer Service Helpline
For UK and European enquires only, we can be contacted by email or by telephone on +44 (0) 1264 386034 from 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday to Thursday or 8:30am - 4:00pm on Friday.

Alternatively you can write to us at this address:

Britax Excelsior Limited
1 Churchill Way West
Andover
Hampshire
SP10 3UW
United Kingdom

There is also a useful tool on their website which might be worth a try:

http://www.britax.co.uk/FitFinder/GB/FitFinder.php

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello All,

I have a Renault Megane Coupe Cabriolet on a Y plate, 2001.
I am having trouble finding a car seat that will safely fit in the back seat. My 9 month old son has outgrown his first stage rear facing car seat and I am looking to purchase a forward facing model.
A trip to Halfords, who offer a free fitting service, proved fruitless, due to the shape of the back seat and low fixed headrests, they reccommended I contact Renault directly.
Having received a brochure I enquired at my local dealer who advised that their car seats are manufactured by Britax, therefore if Halfords couldn't get a Britax Duo Plus to fit safely then Renault's model wouldn't either.
Surely there must be a car seat out there to fit my car!!!

My local dealer took this oppurtunity to try and get me to upgrade to the new Megane Cabriolet which has Isofix etc but I think he is missing the point here! I don't need a new car, just a child seat!

Any advice would be so gratefully received!

Kind regards,

Michelle. :)
Did you have any joy on this?
I have a Megane CC now and wondering how to get booster/child seats that dont push kids legs out too much to kick the seat back., because of angle of rear bench seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I am facing the same problem. we are looking at purchasing a megane cc however the rear seat base angle is so steep that when my 6 yr old son's maxi cosi rodi xp booster seat |(with or without it's high back) is installed his feet are forced against the rear of the front seat.

Our other son's seat is a britax duo plus isofix which apparently should fit (according to Britax) although I have yet to try it in the showroom yet !

I wonder if a wedge shape piece of material or something could be placed under the car seat in order to make the rear seat flat . That would \I suppose adjust the angle sufficiently to enable kids legs to hang down rather than project forward.

i would be very interested to know how other people cope with small kids in the rear of a cc. At present it may mean that we have to rule out the cc as a second car which would be a great shame.

Any suggestions / help would be greatly appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts