Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
24,764 Posts
The only way you will know if its compatible with the one in your car will be to check Renault specs if you can get it..saying that though I doubt very much that its the original in the car.what I would do is totally change it and then you know what is in there..the one you show is ok but you can get a better buy than that on ebay/ECP and probably your local factor..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to order this one from EurocarParts as I tapped in my reg and this showed up. It was best value for the amount you get but they emailed me saying its not in stock. Ebay sell it just over £8, I wanted one with stop leak cause I'm not sure but mine might be leaking so thought it would be best and just monitor the levels. I have no idea how to clear out and refill the whole lot with new, if it's really easy then I could give it a go, but I need something ASAP because the level is really low and I think has been for quite a while.

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
24,764 Posts
Have a check to see if the power steering switch is leaking that is the item that gives most problems in the system..to refill the system completely you just need to empty it at the lowest point which normally is at the steering rack..after emptying make sure everything you have undone is tightened back up and refill the system at the container to the max level and proceed to bleed the system by turning the steering wheel to the max left lock and then the right lock a few time to get all the air out..back and for..back and for..

Sorted..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Heya again, inside my cars PAS fluid resivoir I think is a filter, piece of plastic with lots of slits around it and 2 little bits of plastic sticking up at the bottom. I want to take this out but it wont budge, is it possible to remove it?

I put my fingers in and tried sliding it up and even tried a clean pair of pliers grabbing the little bits of plastic at the bottom and gave a tug but it doesnt move at all.

or am i totally wrong and it doesnt come out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts