Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently my ATE ECU has had it (my car is 4 years old 30,000 miles) and I need a new one, which Renault want £800 for! The garage my car is with say ECU Testing in Nottingham cannot repair it. Anyone know who can - it is AT10.0207/0050

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It is actually the abs control unit I understand, which is part of the abs module, the module is the hydraulic part

No replies! Presumably not a solvable problem then

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
try and be a bit patient for replies , especially as its a friday night and comic relief night people will be busy .
if its the abs pump unit , there was a renault contribution for some of these units failing
so it be worth giving them a call with car details and asking. you never know.
also worth posting car details up on here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks Lagdti, bba-remnam were one of a number of firms that I emailed earlier tonight. Thanks also cockers, apologies for my impatience, but i thought this was initially a small problem and now been without my car for some days and renault are quoting £800 just for the part; it's blackmail and money I haven't got. Its a renault laguna expression auto, 1998cc, first reg 9/2006

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
What exactly is the problem with the ABS?.

Theres no reason why a good second hand unit couldn't be sourced and fitted either,just something else for you to consider.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wednesday of last week pulled up at a junction and car locked up, wouldn’t go back, wouldn’t go forward like handbrake was locked on. After fiddling with automatic handbrake got going. Car has still been driving but sluggish and feels like it will stall when you come to a standstill, which is strange for an automatic. Yellow tool and ABS lights on continually, red stop and red handbrake lights on continuously and yellow “check gearbox” narrative showing as well. Also realised speedometer not working nor steering lock. Renault wanted £102 immediately to run diagnostic test and I couldn’t book it in for over a week. So took it t a recommendation of a friend who I think has done as best he can. He tells me the unit is faulty and that ECU Testing in Nottingham who he has used before for vw ecu’s cannot repair mine as it is an ATE. Renault want £800 just for the part and obviously I already owe this garage money as well for the time they have spent. So I am googling to find someone who might be able to repair it. Sent out about a dozen emails tonight but after businesses normal closing hours. Apparently it is the abs control unit that is faulty, part of the abs module I understand, the module is the hydraulic part and the part number is apparently AT10.0207/0050. Yes I am trying to source Lagdti but this isn’t proving very easy. The car is only 4 years old and only done 30,000 miles!

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
this i am sure will be in range for a warranty claim on a yellow technical note , and will be free if meets the criteria , of which one is fault code dependent .
it will be worth a phone call to your dealer , and get them to check for the yellow note.
you will have to get them to confirm the fault with their diagnostic equipment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Cockers, It's not under warranty apparently; the only yellow ABS is that associated with the radio not working, which is when it gets cold so I am told!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure what to do to be honest?

Seems like I have 3 options. 1) Pay Renault £800 for the part and get them to fit and code it. 2) Buy the part, which it looks like I can do from autotekelectronics for £257, (can only cross fingers that it is the right part), get the garage who have my car at the moment to fit it and then have Renault code it. 3) Try and get it repaired and I have 2 people prepared to try, Bluestreak and BBA-renman, but my gut feeling is that they won’t be able to.

Any advice anyone?

These are the part details I have from the garage:

Numbers are 8200345939 - may be the part number
BEABS
P5CT2AAY6
AT10.0207/0050
Barcode on unit
The unit is called an ABS unit or some people call it and ABS module

1 - 10 of 10 Posts