• Dont Know Don't Care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title say ..the news says support dropping for them so lets look //I feel that the doctors have very valid arguments and why should new contracts be forced upon them...

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,085 Posts
Yes I support them but I will say there has been so much of it on the news I guess the public are starting to get a little tired of it now..

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I support them but I will say there has been so much of it on the news I guess the public are starting to get a little tired of it now..
Some news reports trying to compare it with the miners strike :confused::confused:

·
Super Moderator
13,569 Posts
Some news reports trying to compare it with the miners strike :confused::confused:
Bet your bottom Shekel, they'll make it illegal to strike.
Given it's a healing profession, how many Scabs are there?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,747 Posts
Depends which way you look at it.

Junior doctors have been notoriously required to work long hours, past reports put it over 80 hours per week
One of the proposals on the table limits this to 72 hours and no more then 4 consecutive nights per week.

Sounds good to me, I'd rather be treated by a doctor who is awake.

At the moment, junior doctors are paid normal time 7-7 weekdays and overtime above. Core time 40 hours.
Proposed that payments for overtime be outside 7-10pm weekdays and 7-7 weekends.
Increase in basic pay to make up for lost overtime earnings.

Again, without checking the maths too much, it doesn't sound as though they will be overly penalised and should allow an increase in weekend cover without breaking the NHS.

Then I keep hearing about some will be discriminated against as only part time or women or whatever ??

Got to say that the basic proposals do not seem too silly to me but obviously details need sorting to keep both sides happy.

If the details are going to penalize junior doctors then they need rethinking but if it is junior doctors being bl00dy minded against a change, whistle.

I haven't made my mind up which it is yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, I support them. I know how darn hard they work.

One junior doctor I knew a few years back explained some of the perks they receive. For instance, a payment they called 'Ash Cash' - a £200 (approx) payment for signing a death certificate.

Although I support them, we really do need a fully staffed, fully functioning, 7-day NHS. Not just hospitals — all branches of the NHS.

This government must learn to negotiate, not act like workplace bully.

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
21,943 Posts
Government is using them so that they can shut the NHS down that is what this bullying load of toffs want:frown2:

Yes it is another example of trampling on people like in the miners strike!!:mad::mad::mad::steam::steam::steam:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts