Independent Renault Forums banner

Why did you join this forum?

• I had a problem/issue with my Renault and was looking for answers

Votes: 69 57.0%
  • I had a problem/issue with a different manufacturer and was looking for answers

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wasn't looking for answers, I just thought I would join to share info/experiences

Votes: 51 42.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
i joined for help on modding my clio and general other stuff, not cause i had any problems with my clio, well now after it has been fixed.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I found this site years ago , as my brother had a clio that was a making a strange sound , and wanted some idea what it could be ,, i cant remeber what the problem was but i remeber renault quoted him 1900 to fix it, :eek:(bye bye clio).
i at the time had a scenic and found the site useful for those common ailments. plus the banter is tops!
actualy just noticed when i found the site ... join date under my name lol.

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
I joined to see if i could get the answers to a sat nav problem,this problem was solved along with others i have had,and along the way i have come into contact with some great members,this is the friendliest and greatest forum on the web....long may it continue.....:d:d

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi Martin,i joined because i bought a Fiat:d joking aside :d,i bought the Espace and was just looking on the net about Renaults and stumbled upon it i think:eek:

Cheers Donald

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's early days, but I have to say that the results so far are quite surprising (to me anyway :d) In the 'Would you buy another Renault' thread, it is common for people to think that the majority view on Renault's reliability and build quality issues are jaded, because most come here with a problem in the first place. So far, it's 50/50 so maybe we do actually have a perfect cross section of owners!!

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
It's early days, but I have to say that the results so far are quite surprising (to me anyway :d) In the 'Would you buy another Renault' thread, it is common for people to think that the majority view on Renault's reliability and build quality issues are jaded, because most come here with a problem in the first place. So far, it's 50/50 so maybe we do actually have a perfect cross section of owners!!
Ive been looking at those figures myself Martin and i though they were worrying and speaking to a good friend that owns a local independent garage he says there is a wide range of cars come to him for repairs but Renault are by far the largest on his list and can be expensive:eek::crazy: makes you think whats Renault rcs call centers are having to put up with:eek:i honestly can't fault my Espace III:confused:

Cheers Donald

·
Administrator
21,596 Posts
I joined because after buying my Laguna II I'd heard they had a lot of common problems. So I thought I'd better forearm myself with some knowledge. :d

And it turned out to be a good move ! And I stayed (even after getting a Ford :eek:) because of the people on the forum. :)

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
I joined to meat lovely fella like you Mart :rofl:

Na, if I remember correctly, I was after some information on a custom fitted sub housing that would fit in the rear of my Lag.......never got round to fitting a sub though, in any of my cars :rofl:

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
i joined becasue i couldnt get into the back of the megane, and the boot button was knackered aswell

·
Premium Member
5,250 Posts
I joined cos i have owned a Laguna mk1 since 03 and have spent (way to much money) on it.

i have learnt a lot about them (the hard way) via my pocket! (financial masochist):rofl:

i simply cannot afford to own or run a Volvo V/T70 (next dream car):devil:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I joined this (& a few other Renault forums) because I`d just got a V6 Laguna (hence the screen name), so was after as much info about it as I could find.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
like most ,i joined looking for help and advice on any probs with my 1st renault, stayed because the advice is usually spot on and the forum as a whole is about the best i've used personally

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
I joined just because really. When I buy a car I normally join a forum that relates to it, it's like being part of an owners club :d And I also like to check out what common problems there are and offer help and advice if I can from my experiences.

Currently a member of about 5 or 6 different car forums and a few bike ones too. Some I use more than others.

Glad I joined here after buying my Lag as shortly after the problems started :mad:

This site has been a wealth of information and as a result I haven't had to spend a fortune to keep it going.

Now I've moved away from a Renault I've stuck around, as others have said RF is by far the best and friendliest place to be :d

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, so only 31 out of our 2000+ active members voted... but is anyone else surprised at the result? I really thought that the 'doom and gloom' about Renault reliability would be because most folk on here found the site looking for answers to problems... but apparently not! So if we have a 50/50 split maybe the apparent poor build / reliability issues are actually real!!

Anyone want to by a Scenic II ?? :d

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
why did i join this forum

when i first bought the renault, i had a few problems, and out here in nz, servicing them is dificult as agents are few and miles away in the main centres, even then their knowledge is vague to say the least, peugot agents are more dedicated, and both cars seem to share some technology, but they charge like a wounded bull, so join a forum and seek answers from others that share their renault experiences. unfortunately, on some forums ,not so much on this one, but others take a dim view on any one making bad comments on the car, but if u dont share the bad with the good, then a forum isnt working, im glad to say this forum accepts both good and bad, and that sums up renault, they are good and bad.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts