Independent Renault Forums banner

Why did you join this forum?

• I had a problem/issue with my Renault and was looking for answers

Votes: 69 57.0%
  • I had a problem/issue with a different manufacturer and was looking for answers

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wasn't looking for answers, I just thought I would join to share info/experiences

Votes: 51 42.1%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
HotShoe WANNABEE..
375 Posts
Have had my PROTON SAVVY since 2007.

It has the D4F [Clio/Twingo] engine fitted.

RenaultForum has been a very useful resource for me.

:loser:
knownClone

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Although I had a history in motor engineering, times change, engines change, electronics leap light years ahead. Then, to put the top hat on it, I bought a Modus. Of course there isnt a workshop manual on this motor, so, where better to find information than on a Renault forum.

I cant think of a better reason than to help, & be helped. :beer:

F

·
0 Posts
I've just joined after much surfing. Trying to save on garage bills keeping my car on the road. I hope this place is as friendly as it first seems :d

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,436 Posts
i joined just after i bought a scenic to read up on what common problems turn up glad i did as it seems renaults are a pain in the ass for minor problems
Ron

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I joined when i was considering buying another Cabriolet. :d

From my experience these forums are a great help, many cars have annoying problems regardless of make & Model and these forums are a great source of info to see what problems you may encounter!

I have been a member of a Ford Galaxy forum and a Vauxhall Signum and another renault forum and all have been helpful and informative, as well as being light hearted and friendly. :rofl::rofl:

This is our 6th Renault, MkII scenic, clio, Megane Cab, Grand scenic, Grand scenic and Megane CC and we have had very little to worry about................why did I just say that:eek:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Am member of other car forums and have picked up great tips and DIY advice on my jeep
I though I joint Renault for same advice and help especially as dealers are steelers and extort money because they have the opportunity

Quick story about toyota main dealer
Was in there workshop elderly woman drops off car asking how much to fix brake light not working
The service manager tells her it be 120 and come back in 1 hour. As soon as she gone he gives it to the youngest guy and says replace bulb and pull in arond to front.
Why was I there van back 3 times leaking gearbox oil after it had clutch replaced.
What I notice was 1 middle aged mechanic and a hand full of kids just out of school learning their trade.
Life is hard for mechanics at dealerships and although you pay premium price it's not always reflected in work done.
Back to my Renault Turbo 2300 euro
That's some price plus it took 2 weeks to fix.
Since then I've decided it's time to get off my ass and buy some tools and start repairing it my self.
If I had done turbo myself it would at time cost me a weekend and 650 euro.
Forums like this one are worth there weigh in gold
Plus now if I DIY it's done right and I know 100% it's done.

·
Premium Member
6,286 Posts
i joined the forum, as its something i do when i buy a car, before my laguna, i had a seat and was a member of their forum

i didnt have any problems with it, and touch wood, 19 months later, still no problems

i feel for all the people here that do have lots of issues with their cars, but im sooooo glad im not one of them

the people on here seem nice, just an observation, it seems a bit of a close nit community, plenty of good banter, but ive noticed new people can be ignored a bit, very hard to get in, just an obsevation

on the whole, great forum, keep it up

·
Stockport Platinum
3,899 Posts
Well i joined for similar reasons but tbh i did find members a lot more welcoming back then but i think that's down to how attitudes have changed and that's understandable as we've had a few situations of late where people have got on the forum illegally and caused problems so alot of the older members and myself included are a bit wary so just give it time and get yourself involved in the social side of things and you wont regret it lol .

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I joined as there seemed to be quite a good community spirit and it seemed inviting, that and I wanted some answers and thought I would be able to give some back :)

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I've joined as we have bought a scenicII 1.9dci 2004 , and wanted to find info about it , like the car , never had a renault before , I'm used to vw , but have to say I've found dealer only parts very expensive compared to vw , so been raiding breakers lol

sent from my own phone

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,267 Posts
I joined as the Renault is the first of many vehicles I've owned for which there is no workshop manual available at any price. The forum is excellent support but I'd still rather have a manual to work from.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Originally joined because I had a Clio with numerous problems but when changing for a Citroen keep up with the site because the problems and solutions apply to my current car and because of the wonderful social side. No other forum that I've belonged to is as interesting and friendly.:d

·
Super Moderator
13,569 Posts
I joined cos i just had a problem ! not with a Renault, with life :d

Oh ! & I don't have any friends in the real world. :crying:
Aaaawww Bless......:d:d:d

21 - 40 of 54 Posts