Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why Oh why do we watch the unadulterated Rubbish that is Eurovision!!!

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
cum on you never watched it surely. i think yes minister was on one of the digi channels.:yawn:

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I narrowly avoided having to watch it last night. The wife had a friend round, and both of them wanted to sit through it for some bizarre reason. After some negotiation, I managed to get them to agree to switch over on the condition that they could have Most Haunted on later in the evening.

I'd normally prefer to stick my fingers in a meat mincer than sit through an episode of Most Haunted, so you can see how much I love Eurovision.

I still don't know who won, and I can't say I particularly care :p

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
My wife has some kind of morbid facination with the EVSC too and she sat through the whole gruesome experience....Old Tel makes it slightly less painfull thanks to his 'indepth' commentry,but at least I can now watch the grand prix today without any complaints from Mrs Lag.:d

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
I escaped, it was i toss up between it or watching Grease on DVD and the forum all at the same time but there must have been more members watching it because it was like a morgue in her last night i know how you all are:d :d :d :d

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
we watched it, don't ask why! I think that it is just to see and hear how really bad things are. Besides the UK being hated (so why do they all want to come here then) it has become so political, with countries voting for their neigbours irrespective of how crap they are. The UK entry would have been up there a few years ago, but the style has changed beyond recognition, apart from how dire the songs are.....I mean a drag act almost winning....come on.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Technically speaking, it was a trans-sexual (a male without the bits that make him male) who won a few years back - Dana International?

I wasn't on the forum because my other half's sister was through staying overnight, and her baby son was sleeping in the room where my laptop is...

Thankfully, I negotiated hard and got them to sit in one room (watching that [email protected]), whereas I got to sit in another room and watch stuff I'd taped over the week - a result!

I think its a show whose relevance has long since passed - and think that of most reality tv shows anyway.

John Logie Baird must be slowly rotating in his grave at some of the utter tosh which is broadcast.

Paul:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know I'm new to the site but I like the EVSC, its so bad it makes it good. Couldn't watch it without Terry's comments though. My kids loved the drag acts song. They found it on you tube and have had it on all day, great joy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts