Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not every time, but when it does usualy i try to accelerate from below 2000rpm and my car go limp mode. What should i check?
Can it cause by a vacuum leak?
20003 Vel satis 2.0t F4RT

·
Technical Supremo.
Scenic II, 2004, K4MW761, DPO
5,400 Posts
Sticking turbo wastegate or actuator causing overboost complaint and protection kicking in?

I'd be concerned and wanting to do something about that huge LTFT figure if the engine is in very good mechanical and serviced condition...............

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My mechanic said it can 20% off, cuz we just cleared the codes before. i will check anyway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sticking turbo wastegate or actuator causing overboost complaint and protection kicking in?

I'd be concerned and wanting to do something about that huge LTFT figure if the engine is in very good mechanical and serviced condition...............
An i only can check these 2 if i remove the turbo?

·
Technical Supremo.
5,400 Posts
An i only can check these 2 if i remove the turbo?
Grab a can of WD40/Q20 or something penetrating fluid/oil - go nuts on all joints/arms/bearings you can see and manually actuate those through the whole mechanical range (grab them by hand and force them to move)

My mechanic said it can 20% off, cuz we just cleared the codes before. i will check anyway.
I don't know what clearing codes have to do with LTFT at all.
I agree 20% could be normal depending on the engine's condition and state of service but if everything is working as per factory intentions LTFT will/should be close to zero

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Grab a can of WD40/Q20 or something penetrating fluid/oil - go nuts on all joints/arms/bearings you can see and manually actuate those through the whole mechanical range (grab them by hand and force them to move)

I don't know what clearing codes have to do with LTFT at all.
I agree 20% could be normal depending on the engine's condition and state of service but if everything is working as per factory intentions LTFT will/should be close to zero
Thanks i will try that,and i will look after why is LTFT is in the negative range

·
Technical Supremo.
5,400 Posts
Overfueling ................

Leaky injectors, gaga O2 or AFM or you may get lucky and it sorts itself once you get the overboost thing sorted properly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts