Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1.4 16v 55 plate modus and it needs a new gearbox, i was told that the clio has the same engine and gearbox, so was wondering if it would go straight in to my modus. Im struggling to find a gearbox for the modus the only ones i seem to find are for diesel engines any info or help with be much appreciated. Also is there any numbers on the gearbox i can cross reference if i do find one

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
The engines are the same & I would presume the boxes are the same too, cant see Reno manufacturing a different box, a modus is a clio with a bigger body. There may be a difference in gear linkage etc, cant see the clutch being different either. Why not give your dealer a ring & ask the stores, sometimes they can cross reference the part numbers.

G

·
Renault won't even tell you what part numbers are, they claim they "can't".

I have two brand new OS drive shafts and no idea what they are for.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Not very helpful then, are they. Unless someone can help ALW83, the only thing I can think of is to make a note of the casting & model number of the duff box, jot em down, then pursue a similar box. At least then any aux parts would fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.