Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have the oppertunity to get the above cd/mp3 player, but i want the steering controls to still work. will a straight swap for this stereo still let me use them or would i need aditional wiring. on the box it says 'Exclusive for Renault' and says 'operates directly with steering controls' but then so do a lot of stereos if you buy the extra cables lol
cheers in advance

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi ClioScenic,

As far as I am aware it is a straight swap if your original unit fitted was an " update list " head unit thus retaining all the controls, I know it definitely does on a Megane II & Scenic II that had the update list head units fitted originally.

What are you fitting it to a Clio or Scenic ?

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it would be fitted to a w reg clio. it currently has a tape player in there and that does work via steering controls

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
it would be fitted to a w reg clio. it currently has a tape player in there and that does work via steering controls

The stalk controls/display will not work unless it was a " Update list " head unit fitted originally yours I think is to old to be an update list headunit, The Sony Gt30rn will still work but no stalk controls/display, Also you would need to buy a fascia surround for the new headunit as well £5 from Renault or redily available in most radio outlets and Ebay..

Adaptor leads are available but not sure which one you would require for your model of Clio.

Regards

Ottoman .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do u find out if its an update list one?
ohhh........ just noticed you are a rangers man lol
think you might give us a run for our money next season
best man uve had for last decade walter smith

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi heres hoping with super Ally on board as well.

It should say on the lower right at the front of your head unit.

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts