Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, garage have tried adjusting doors but when it’s windy the noise through the car is so loud. Like I have a gap in window but I don’t. Dealer who I bought car off have tried saying it may be a flaw with that make/model. Can anyone tell me if they’re having the same issues please?

·
Premium Member
3,906 Posts
Hi all, garage have tried adjusting doors but when it’s windy the noise through the car is so loud. Like I have a gap in window but I don’t. Dealer who I bought car off have tried saying it may be a flaw with that make/model. Can anyone tell me if they’re having the same issues please?
Is this when it's windy or when going fast or both?
Has it got roof bars or add on bodywork bits?
Does opening any of the windows just a tiny bit make it change?
Are you sure that all of the windows are actully fully up. Just because you cannot see a gap does not mean that the glass is fully up to the seal.
Makers go to a lot of trouble to reduce wind noise not least to reduce stress on the driver.
If you are noticing it there is more than likely something wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this when it's windy or when going fast or both?
Has it got roof bars or add on bodywork bits?
Does opening any of the windows just a tiny bit make it change?
Are you sure that all of the windows are actully fully up. Just because you cannot see a gap does not mean that the glass is fully up to the seal.
Makers go to a lot of trouble to reduce wind noise not least to reduce stress on the driver.
If you are noticing it there is more than likely something wrong.
Hi Brendan, it’s both. No roof bars or added bits. Not tried opening windows slightly - could try.
Windows definitely fully up - they’re electric and I check the buttons and they won’t go any further.
Dealer is trying to say that it’s not something that can be fixed.
Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts