Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[FONT=&quot]I have a Scenic II 2004.

I'm having a problem with the electric windows, with all four electric windows. When you open or close the windows they only seem to move up or down by an inch at a time, all four windows are the same, from front and individual controls, they do the same thing, but the sunroof opens and closes just fine.

When i went to look at the car 2 weeks ago before I bought it, it did the same thing but then started working normally after a few minutes.

Also I noticed the clock had reset when I started the car up!

Could this be a battery/ power problem, or is it a window regulator issue.

Tried looking for clues on the threads here but most people seem to have the problems along the lines of stuck windows and self opening closing windows, but nothing like this?[/FONT]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey hondo,

your a star, worked like a charm.... problem solved.

Do you kno why this problem occurs? and would you know why the clock reset?

Just thinking they might be connected

thanks again...

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
The same window problem will occur every time either you, or someone at your garage, disconnects the battery. Obviously the same could be said of the clock, but I'm not sure thats what you're saying.

I'm glad the windows are OK now :d

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Just a thought here, but if neither you, nor the garage has disconnected the battery, there may well be a loose connection somewhere?

HTH

Paul

Reactions: pengwyn

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right, makes a bit more sense now, I havent touched the battery, so it may be a loose connection, somthing to get checked out i suppose.

thanks guys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this problem today when my dumb 14 year old didn't lock the boot and the boot lights drained the battery.

We got the car jump started but the windows started to play up.

Tried the fix suggested and it worked great, but I had to do each window individually because the back windows didn't reset first time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had this problem today when my dumb 14 year old didn't lock the boot and the boot lights drained the battery.

We got the car jump started but the windows started to play up.

Tried the fix suggested and it worked great, but I had to do each window individually because the back windows didn't reset first time.
lol my dumb 14 yr old lol
classic
on the plus side this guide helped me although i too had to do the windows individual
buy hey thanks rep where deserved

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
hi all , just to add to hondo's how to reset , its quite important to set thes to the bottom of the run as well.
the motors work on a torque control , so needs to see the bottom and top stop to be programmed properly.
so all the way down and hold for 2 or 3 secs , then all the way up and hold for 2 or 3 secs.
have had windows thuding (only some ) when going down , and a reset cure's it.
have not seen any other problms not doing the bottoms stops but it is advisable to do them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your windows need resetting.

Get them all fully closed

Pull back on the two front window switches, & hold it back for 5 or 6 seconds.

Job done ;)
I have a similar problem but is only with rear off side window. It goes up when asked but when hits closed comes down an inch or so. This happens three times before it stays in the closed position. Have tried resetting but this doesn't appear to work, Any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a similar problem but is only with rear off side window. It goes up when asked but when hits closed comes down an inch or so. This happens three times before it stays in the closed position. Have tried resetting but this doesn't appear to work, Any ideas?
I have 1 window that does this, the other 3 are fine - the reset doesnt seem to have worked - ie holding it down or up for 3,5,10,20,30,60 seconds.....
any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Sounds like it thinks it is at the bottom. You'll have to check in the door if there's anything starting to seize or obstructing the window.

Or the window control module is faulty (one per window regulator, can be swapped around and then tested to confirm fault).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts