Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My wife was driving our Scenic II on an 55 plate today and the N/S/R window has for some reason come down on its own and stayed in the down position. I have cover with RAC so I called them out. The guy checked everything to be fair to him and his meter on it and was scratching his head. He seemed to think that the motor is totally shot but the regulator is ok. When you try to get the window up there is no noise at all. Its just totally dead.

So the question is, has anyone had this and if so can you advise of how you sorted it. (I would rather stay clear of main dealer.)

If it can be fixed is it a fairly easy job to change the motor? I can get the door card of easy but dont want to start tinkering if its a real major job.

Please help as its freezing and the good lady I live with is pregenant.....:eek:

P

·
0 Posts
Give RCS a call, window regulator faults are common, and you may find that they will contribute to the cost of the repair :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

My wife was driving our Scenic II on an 55 plate today and the N/S/R window has for some reason come down on its own and stayed in the down position. I have cover with RAC so I called them out. The guy checked everything to be fair to him and his meter on it and was scratching his head. He seemed to think that the motor is totally shot but the regulator is ok. When you try to get the window up there is no noise at all. Its just totally dead.

So the question is, has anyone had this and if so can you advise of how you sorted it. (I would rather stay clear of main dealer.)

If it can be fixed is it a fairly easy job to change the motor? I can get the door card of easy but dont want to start tinkering if its a real major job.

Please help as its freezing and the good lady I live with is pregenant.....:eek:
I've got the same problem an a Grand Scenic 55 plate. I took mine to a local garage today and they referred my to the main dealer. The main dealer said Renault recognise this problem and will contribute upto 75% of the cost, so may cost me £80/£90 to fix instead of £320+

1 - 3 of 3 Posts