Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my passenger side window didn't work,took door card of and found there is no window motor window been held up with a piece of wood.So bought a new motor fitted it only to find that i am missing a bit that goes from the motor to what looks like a multi plug as there is a multi plug from the main loom i the door,if so where could i buy this bit from as i can assume the dealer will be expensive
thanks

R

·
0 Posts
I would go for a trawl on Fleabay and see if there is a car breakers or any one near you is breaking a Laguna you can have a good look at and make sure you get the parts off you need for your car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i bought a loom today fitted it and the window doesn't work when i connect the window motor to the battery it works,i have pulled both the switches as the drivers window only went down a couple of mm at a time now it works fine, does it mean i need a complete new motor and the complete loom from Renault as i do not know where to look next.there is power as both the little light work.help
thanks

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,254 Posts
did you get the loom etc.. from exactly! the same model and year as your car?
as renault is rennowned for varying the wiring in the looms between models and years!

if you have got the window to move (even a bit) then you need to reset the windows (raise the window till its at top, pull fully up on switch hard, keep pulled for 30 secs that should reset it and it should raise and lower correctly)

hows the door locking and mirrors working on that side?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My car is a 02 and the loom is from a 52 the door locks but the mirror doesn't work at all and the window doesn't move ,so does it mean the loom is not right for the car?
thanks

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
I think it may be prudent to ask the question as to why someone removed the original wiring loom. Could it be they were trying to get a different unit to fit or could it have been due to damage.

Depending on the age of the car there are two variations of window regulator. The older one shave a two pin connection whilst the later have a 6 pin connection.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you say 2 pin is that on the motor where it plugs in as mine has a almost round plug that goes into the window.

I have had the car 3weeks now and still trying to sort all the problems out and as it is my firs Renault I am still learning but all you guys are a lot of help thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts