Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a price for a window regulator from Renault after my front passenger window died, once we'd got into the window gubbins we found the frayed cable, does anyone know if you can buy them without the motor? (i'm assuming at £195 they come with a motor)

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
hi they do come as the one piece but I'm sure there has been a temporary repair done before. if you do a search you should find some good info.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi they do come as the one piece but I'm sure there has been a temporary repair done before. if you do a search you should find some good info.
Hi, thanks for the reply, typical Reanult giving you bits you might not need and charging you for it. :crazy:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies all, i've followed a link to a guy on ebay whos going to fix my broken one for £40 and hes not too far away so i can drop it off and pick it up from him, saves me £10 on the postage and gets it done quicker, thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update on the regulator.....took it to the guy advertised in ebay and he fixed it perfectly, and overnight, its back in the door now and the window is going up and down like Lindsay Lohans knickers, the link that i followed from this forum to ebay was spot on and paying £40 to get it fixed was a lot nicer than paying £200 for a new one. Thanks to Neil for fixing it and everyone who pointed me in the right direction. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
save yourself £40 its not a big fix. take your snapped cable to b&q , get a new lenght of galvanised cable (around £1-2 per metre) . and then just get a couple of hex crimps at each end (dont crimp until you've put the holders back on)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts