Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my first car , a Clio Mk 2 for about a month. When I got it the washer didnt work so I got a replacement from the scrapyard. I put it back in it works, but how do you seal it ? All the water pours out as soon as I fill it. There doesnt seem to be a rubber washer or anything to seal it.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Ive had my first car , a Clio Mk 2 for about a month. When I got it the washer didnt work so I got a replacement from the scrapyard. I put it back in it works, but how do you seal it ? All the water pours out as soon as I fill it. There doesnt seem to be a rubber washer or anything to seal it.

Hi i would of thought that there should be a rubber seal you can use instant rubber seal you can buy it in a tube from Halfords but you will need to leave it to cure for a day or two before you fill back up with water i hope this helps you

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi johnt and welcome to Renault Forums, is this the actual washer motor you've changed over or the reservoir bottle? If it's the motor get some aquarium sealer from a pet shop and give a good lashing with this.
Regards Leroy

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Clio washer prob

Yeh there should be a fairly thick rubber washer - and when in position its a good tight fit -smear a drop of dish washing liquid on it and it should locate easily. Don't waste your money on the aquarium sealant - it dearer than the washer which costs about £1-25. Additionally aquarium sealer is not frost resistant (never heard of a fish tank used for keeping penguins) If the bottle is cracked the sealer would act only as a temporary repair. Remember most washer motors fail either through frost, dirt or owners using washing up liqiud as a screenwash additive - that's why it's best to use the proper stuff. My local motor factors sells it for a fiver a gallon (lasts me for years) - much cheaper then than all the hassle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts