Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2009 Clio GT in Blue and want to repair some scratches on the wing mirrors. The bottom half of the wing mirrors are black and the top half(where the scratches are) appear to be a silvery/ light blue colour. Does anyone know the exact colour name and where I can source the paint?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I could not see any reference to wing mirrors in that site, just the main bodywork.

Also do you know if wing mirrors are fixed or can they be pushed in?

I have some terrible parkers in my road so !

·
Administrator
21,692 Posts
Hi, I could not see any reference to wing mirrors in that site, just the main bodywork.

Also do you know if wing mirrors are fixed or can they be pushed in?

I have some terrible parkers in my road so !
The wing mirrors will normally be the same colour as the car if colour coded (painted to match the car). That is unless the previous owner changed the wing mirrors for ones off a different colour car.

They should fold manually. You may need a bit of force to get them in mind, some do.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,990 Posts
Have a look at the front of your car, does it have a cover going over the towing eye, and this cover is the same colour as your wing mirror.
If yes, take this off, take this with you to your paint shop. You need the type of factors that make the paint up in a spray can.
With this he will make a perfect match of your colour..
Its about £7.50p a can, usually 2 cans £10.00p
One can is enough to do both wing mirrors,.
Dont try and get the cover off, either take the wing mirror off the car. Or spend some time masking the part you dont want paint on...
Your wing mirrors DO close in, Same type of requirement in law that makes headlights plastic..
Its in case you run into someone they will move..

Reactions: funkoval
1 - 5 of 5 Posts