Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have a second set of alloys (16")with tpm's to fit on my car, while the Silverstones have a rest and clean. I know the uch in my model can accept two sets of tpm's (summer & winter), my dealer will charge 1/2hr to program the 2nd set in. What I am wondering is, in future will the car auto switch between the two sets as and when I swap between sets of wheels? The dealer seems to think I would have to go back to him each time (1/2hr labour) which sort of makes a nonsense of the uch being able to store eight different tpms. Anybody throw any light on this?..Dave

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Dave, I don't know the definitive answer, but I'd be inclined to swap them over and see - just make sure you get them in the right order.

It can't do any harm (at worst, they will need re-programming), but since you would've been charged that (whether needed or not), then you won't be any worse off.

Remember to re-torque the wheels after 100miles.

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi faffer - just out of interest how would the UCH know when you changed the wheels - surely it can't mind read - either you or the Renault tech would need to communicate with it surely.:confused:

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi faffer - just out of interest how would the UCH know when you changed the wheels - surely it can't mind read - either you or the Renault tech would need to communicate with it surely.:confused:
From what I have read, the tpms on a normal car set up are allocated summer status. When a second set of tpms are introduced these are allocated winter status. So on this basis the uch will be able to store two different tpms for each corner of the car and thus be able to recognise either. Obviously I will be in a "suck it and see" situation anyway, but this forum has put me in good stead in the past, being able to argue the toss with dealers in getting jobs done…Dave

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As an update on this. Since having the second set of wheels (philarmonics) programmed to the car as the winter set. I have swapped the wheels over (with the original silverstones) a couple of times and the car automatically accepts the set of wheels which is on the car. The programming was a 1/2hr labour charge at a Renault dealer...Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts