Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I appreciate this has probably been done to death but I need some help.

2011 clio 3 1.5dci front wipers have stopped working.

I have changed the wiper motor, checked the 20A fuse in the engine bay (continuity ok, 12v both sides) and now changed the wiper stalk, but still no working wipers.

I have 12v at the fuse and 12v at the motor as well on pin 2 but no volts at pin 4 or 5 when operating the stalk, which id expect to normally register switched voltage.

All other functions on the stalk work fine e.g. washer fluid, rear wipers, volume etc.

Please help!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I've not experienced that problem, but here's my attempts:
This will seem a strange question, but do all the lights functions work?
As you've changed the wiper switch, you'll know that the lights switch plugs into the wiper switch, and they need correct connections. The pins and wires on the connector are very thin and could be damaged.
But if all lighting functions work ok then it's probably not that.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,465 Posts
Would still be having a look at light stalk here
Everything Else electric on the car working

·
39,465 Posts
As @ClioAutomatic mentioned, all the wires from wiper runs through the stalk, and then down to the body control module so switching supply runs through this

·
39,465 Posts
UCH is the body control module (My Bad)
Sound like light stalk issue more than UCH issue

UCH just behind passenger glove box area

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So it turns out the lights aren't working since I changed the wiper stalk on the opposite side. They worked before so il be swapping back to the old stalk.

Bloody nightmare.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
:)
So, a couple of other questions:
Was the new wiper stalk a brand new one genuine part, or cheaper eBay new, or used?
Also, was there any other work done to the car just before you noticed the wipers stopped working?

When refitting the wiper stalk , pay close attention to the cables, as mentioned in my first post.
The flat one at the bottom with 10 wires comes from the light stalk (it should be routed under the steering column). Make sure all pins on both connectors aren't bent. Don't try to dismantle the plugs! But look at the wires closely to see if any of them are damaged, which might stop the signal getting through. These are ultra low current cables, I.e. just sending a computer input to the UCH.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was a cheaper replacement that looks identical. Probably a fuse has gone now. A job for this afternoon.

No other issues before the wipers stopped. My efforts to fix seem to be making matters worse so far.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, I've now replaced the motor (bench checked as working), the fuses (even though the old ones tested ok), the wiper stalk and the indicator stalk and the bloody wipers still don't work.

Any ideas?

Surely this must be the engine fusebox, upc uch or whatever its called. How do I take this out? I cant even see how that comes out.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Ok, I've now replaced the motor (bench checked as working), the fuses (even though the old ones tested ok), the wiper stalk and the indicator stalk and the bloody wipers still don't work.

Any ideas?

Surely this must be the engine fusebox, upc uch or whatever its called. How do I take this out? I cant even see how that comes out.
Hmmm, it's beginning to look like the UCH, Or the wiring between the wiper switch and the UCH.

But as for taking it out, I'd be out of my depth with that, but I know there are other members who've done it, so we shall have to wait until they come along.

·
39,465 Posts
It wont be the uch ( BCM )
These under bonnet fuse boxes tend to fail as they age,
Light satlk, Please say Numbers matched
Manual ( No auto lights ) wont work on auto lights model, auto lights stalk will work on manual or auto lights model
( DAMHIK , but trust me on this )
See the screws on the cover, remove screws, with a couple of screwdrivers in the sides of the box and the fuse box fits in, (put screwdrivers between box and fuse box), now lever out and upwards at the same time, fuse box will come up, and then you can lift it out

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Light stalk matched. Auto lights work. The problem is elsewhere.

The under bonnet one is the UPC? I've obviously had the lid off to change the fuses. Are you saying it just levers out with a couple of screw drivers down the side?

Do the Nissan ones fit? They are cheaper but have same part number pp‑t30‑m10

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
1,375 Posts
Have you checked if the wires to the motor are live and earthed as shown with a multimeter. Assuming yes you could try disconnecting the battery to see if it resets and also all the other fuses as there will be one from the UCH feeding the stalks I imagine.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts