Independent Renault Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I have changed the wiper motor, checked the 20A fuse in the engine bay (continuity ok, 12v both sides) and now changed the wiper stalk, but still no working wipers.

All other functions on the stalk work fine e.g. washer fluid, rear wipers, volume etc.
Sorry, just to aid my understanding, and I can't remember if we've asked this but:
The wipers don't work when operated normally, i.e. on first step (intermittent) and on next step (single speed) and on next step (double speed)?
Also: Do the wipers operate eventually when you hold the washer on for a few seconds (the wipers should cut in automatically when the washer is held on)?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks but that's a mk2 which has a diffrrent UPC and he doesn't really show anything that I haven't already done. It's a 30 min video that concludes with him realising he had a blown fuse.

I think my Clio will be going to the scrap yard.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,428 Posts
have you checked all the underbonnet fuses
Are all the lights working now
ARE YOUR interior lights working?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
At the wiper motor, I have:

Pin1 - ground
Pin2 - 12v
Pin 3 - nothing regardless of stalk position
Pin 4 - nothing regardless of stalk position

I gather Pin2 is for the home position, but the lack of switched voltage at pins 3 and 4 is the problem.

Do you know if the built in relays in the UPC would switch the voltage to these pins? If so it must be the UPC. That's assuming there are built in relays in the UPC for this that you can't see because I can't see relays other than the black ones you can pull out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Looking at the hand drawn wiring diagram posted by someone in this thread, there are built in ones? I cant see anything.

Thank you to everyone trying to help, you're all brilliant.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Thanks guys, my linkage deffo isn't seized.

If I wire the motor directly to the battery, the wipers work.

Interesting that in that video he mentioned a "blocked" state, but I don't have a diagnostic tool like his to clear it assuming mines blocked.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts