Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, dunno if it's my car losing plot or not lol
If i have wipers on normal and come to a junction or a stop they seem to change to intermitting but as soon as i pull away to drive again, they start back up:crazy:
has my car got a mind of its own or is it suspose to happen, my last clio never did it.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
The only suggestion I can offer is that the car has rain-sensing wipers which means that the heavier the rainfall hitting the screen, the faster the wipers sweep. This would explain why they get faster as the car travels.

Hope this helps.

Paul:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, they are supposed to do that. My 99 scenic has the same system. If the wipers are on normal speed, they switch to intermittant when you stop. If they are on high speed, they switch to normal speed when you stop.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Yes - perfectly normal.
You will also notice that if the front wipers are on and you select reverse gear the rear wiper will give one wipe of the rear screen as well.

Not too sure of the usefulness of the front wipers slowing down when you stop, but the rear wiper feature is a good idea.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh i had noticed rear wiper coming on its self thought i saw things lol
thanks for the help i can drive my car knowing its not losing its marbles hehe

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Clio does not do this, and I think it should. Where I can look for the fault, a relay, a fuse or something?
The rear wiper turns on when I put in reverse, but the wipers do not slow down when I stop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts