Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm new here so first of all hi everyone :d
i've got a clio 1.5dci 2002.

MOT is due soon and i need a back wiper and one front, which i might aswell get a pair. Anyone know any good places to get them from or what make to get.
I've looked on ebay and at the moment i've seen a front pair 21" for £11.50 and a rear for £11 18" (what inch should they be?)

Also ive seen some flat wiper which they say are better than original ones -£20. anyone got an opinion on these?

thanks for any advice, much appreciated
phill.c

S

·
0 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums. You could try the following for the flat wipers:

Bosch Wiper Blades

In my opinion, and from personal experience, they are not all they are cracked up to be ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so they're not worht the extra £10? if they're not then i'll forget about them and go for standard wipers.

now i just need to know what the correct length for front and back is, and is it the actual blade you messure?

thanks for the replys

S

·
0 Posts
Yep - I'd say the normal ones were just as good, especially in the winter, and the fittings don't look quite so nice. As for length - it's the length of the blade itself...

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Whot Wipers do I need

Hi Phil - if you go to a shop (a local motor factor should be able to help) that sells wiper blades they usually have a catalogue listing what is required. Beware buying in pairs as some cars have 2 different sizes on the front and you only need one for the back. If the wiper frames are in good condition you may get away with renewing the inserts only and save yourself some money. Yeh I've tried the so-called flat type and in all honesty they are C***.:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for your help,
this is a very helpful site you've got here, im impressed.
thanks
phill.c

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi Phill.c ... the front wipers are up to you choose your fav brand, however I've found the the best bet for the rear of a Clio2 is to use a Renault one, £7.50 ish from your dealer .....

the reason is that the curved rear screen needs a curved rear wiper, and the only ones I've tried that I'm happy with are the Renault ones, as they dont leave an unwiped area at the top of the window, but you pay your money and take your choice.

Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i was thinking that myself, but for £7.50 can't complain so i'll do that. going to order a front pair (bosch) off ebay for about £12 which doesn't seem bad.
i need too pop down to renault anyway as i need to get the bonnet catch checked. mines a 2002 but best be safe than sorry.

thanks for that,
phill.c

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
i bought 1 pair of 21 inch bosch wipers for the front and got a "cut to size" one for the rear and never had any issues with them in the last 8 months that they've been on.

the "cut to size" refill one was about £3 and the front pair were £10. Got these from a local motor factor shop

i've used bosch wipers on my previous cars and they've been really good so far

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just to let you all know after looking on ebay and the rest, i went to renault, £20 for a full set fitted. these are the cheaper front ones but are just as good if you ask me.

thansk for the help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts