Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi to all ,just bought 98 espace 2.2 td trying to find wiring diagram for the (van) tried to work out the earth colour on rear lights any ideas or help appreciated thanks

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
sorry, there is no manual for this model.

Although if you use the search facility on this site you might find something useful!

others members may be able you though.:)

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Rear lights

Hi Lankyone - I own a Clio and according to the Haynes manual all earth cables are black or as the french say "noir". I take it is the same for all renaults - unless someone on here can tell me different. Hope this info., is helpful.:) You having probs with the rear lights?:(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi thanks for replies on the rear cluster when taken multiplug off there are 6 wires i have worked out wires 1 2 3 and 5 wires 4 and 6 are both black with wire 4 being thicker than wire 6 just needed a good earth point 4 rear sensors

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Leroy,

It may follow the attached colours if similar to my 1996 Espace. Hope this makes sense as it's an extract from a spreadsheet!

Rear Tail Lamps
LHS/Nearside RHS/Offside
1 N/C N/C
2 WH/GN WH/GN Ind?
3 RD/GY RD/GY Reversing?
4 N/C BRN BRN=Fog on offside only
5 GN/BK GN/BK Common Earth
6 BLU/GY/BK BLU/GY/BK BRAKE?
7 WH/V WH/V SIDE

I had problems with flashing indicator lights when I breaked this was an earthing problem due to weak contacts on the rear light connectors on the common earth pin 5.

A peice of sleeving of the correct size around the two sides of the leaf contacts in the PCB type edge connector to the rear light cluster will help pull them together to cure temporarily.

David H

1 - 8 of 8 Posts