Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone can help me here:-

I have a Laguna II 2.0 16v and am going to change the front ball joints which look like they have been changed already as they are bolted not riveted.

Whilst on the passengers side I notice that there is a small arm going from the wishbone to some other connection?

The little arm is about 2.5 inches long.

Any ideas what this is as it appears to be loose. Appears to be missing the nut on the wishbone side of the connection along with the spacer?

I am getting a rattle coming from the front passengers side
going over bumps and suspect the ball joints but now I'm not so sure.

Allan

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Is the little arm plastic and do you have xenon headlights?

If so,then it could be part of the self levelling system for them.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
I agree with LAGDTi.. :d

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Thanks Webcode!:)

Welcome back,oh how I've missed you.:eek:

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
If you have Xenon headlights it could be the arm for the self leveling headlights.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the same line, how easy are the front ball joints to change out? Can get them from the local Motor Factors for £9.71 + VAT each, they appear to have been changed already as they are bolted, not riveted, but I am getting knocking and rattling from passenger side.

Allan

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
hi allan the little arm you mention should be be bolted to the wishbone could be theat if they have been replaced before the whole for the thread to go through isnt there easy to fix work out where the arm would touch the arm mark it and drill a whole in it think it should be 4mm, this link arm is for your xenon hight sensor to adjust headlights in acordance with the vehicle hight! i have also posted a responce on your other enquiry bout your ide engine problem! good luck colin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts