Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been watching this for 3 weeks the amount of fraud going on on ebay and many have lost upto £6000 and the catch ebay does not cover it
first if you ever click on an item and it asked you to log in dont do it as soon as you have you have given them your details this is just a sample from the last 2 hrs on one section of ebay all of them are fraud
let people know befoire they get caught out
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/elsdon9440/m.html?item=291092620733&pt=UK_BOI_Industrial_Tools_Construction_Tools_ET&hash=item43c678e5bd&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Ron

·
Super Moderator
13,629 Posts
I just tried & it don't work !

Won't even paste on internet
I copied & pasted, It worked, but not one item, loads, & ALL priced at £322. But I did make sure I was logged in normally first.

·
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I copied & pasted, It worked, but not one item, loads, & ALL priced at £322. But I did make sure I was logged in normally first.
did you see the catch lower down on the single page
Ron

·
Super Moderator
6,170 Posts
He is taking a risk shaming & naming on ebay - one of their 'must not do rules'
But understand why he has done it - got to be savvy dealing in ebay stuff.
I'm in talks with a seller at the mo. about some stuff & i want to pick it up in person cos it's alot of money & only 1hr away.

Ralph

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,670 Posts
We've made it a rule on Ebay dealings never to buy and pay for anything over quite a low limit unless we can collect and pay cash.

As was said, if the seller is genuine, they will understand and something can be worked out.

And we never pay for anything except via paypal and the paypal/ebay guarantees are in operation.

There are scams. From this sort of send us the cash and of course we'll send the goods, honest. To could you possibly send it round the world by ship so we can claim payment back via paypal for non-delivery.

Arthur Daly is alive and well and living on Ebay

·
Super Moderator
6,170 Posts
There has always been scams like these though, i remember watching a police programme about catching crooks nicking farm machines & they marked all the gear with microdot technology, so that if found - blah blah etc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts