Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And the season starts here,the World Superbikes are at Philip Island this weekend.Keep up to date with things here....

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/home.html

Tom Sykes missed out on last years championship by half a point,reigning champion 'Mad' Max Biaggi has hung up his leathers,lots of Brits to cheer on.What's not to like?.:)

I believe Eurosport are once again showing all the races live (I don't have Sky so can't confirm that),last year Channel 4 showed highlights but I don't know if that is continuing.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,247 Posts
I can't wait for Moto GP to start :d......as its broadcast on Beeb2 :d:d....I can't afford SKy :mad:
The Rossi/Lorenzo showdown should be full of promise :cool:

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
I'll have me some of that, thanks Lag.

BTW I tried to fulfil your request R/P of about an hour ago but :censored: forgotten how to do it. :crying:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Hondo

No problem Sir.:)

@Renoir White

Ah yes.....and Mr.Pedrosa has been consistantly quick in testing too.....and there is the small (very small!) matter of Mr.Marquez getting in on the act too.Personally I can't stand either of the tiny Spaniards but it will be fascinating to see the season play out.

I think Rossi could win one more championship,he will do so by the others making mistakes though.I don't think he can compete on out-and-out raw pace any more,but he knows every trick in the book and will use that to his advantage.

I hope Cal wins one too,he made too many errors last year and if he can become more consistant in the races he could be there or thereabouts come the end of the year.

Ducati seem to have gone backwards over the winter,nearly 2 seconds off the pace at the first test.It's such a shame it didn't work out for them and Vale,personally I was gutted with the situation.:eek:

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,247 Posts
:iagree: There is so much talent in the field I wouldnt like to say who the front runners will be, and there's no Stoner to dice with either! I feel sorry for Colin Edwards....a fab rider to watch when he's on form but now always at the back on the CRT (I'm sure he's riding the bike as hard as he can though).
I really enjoy the pre-race grid interviews too, the riders are a much nicer bunch than the F1 drivers, and appear more honest about their own abilities and performance rather than blaming the tyres or car which F1 drivers always do (its never the driver!).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts