Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2003 clio, mark II and am considering updating it, is the clio III any good?? I havent had a test drive yet. I love my car atm, I love clios, my last car was a clio I, and its a really great car, Ive never had any problems with it at all. Wondering if I'm daft getting rid of such a great car just cos I fancy a shiny new one with A/C - only thing my car doesnt have..
Opinions of new clio please.. :)

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
hi. i love the clio III. love how comfortable they are to drive and i like the exterior look. i love driving the 1.5dci at work. only bit i dont like is the interior (dash etc)

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
It's got to be your own decision at the end of the day. In the III's favour are a few extra toys and the extra NCAP safety star. The only thing against it really is that it's so much heavier than its predecessor. If you're running a 1.2 16v now, then you'll want the 1.4 for it to be as nippy.

The rest's subjective. I'm not keen on the interior either, though I don't find the models with climate control that offensive. It's the big sticky-out standard air system controls that I don't like. They're probably great from a useability point of view, but they make the car interior look like it was designed by Fisher Price.

The outside's subjective too, and I still prefer the shape of the old one right now. But then that's my nature - I hate change :d The Clio III design will grow on me while, no doubt, the II will start to look dated in time (I don't think it's happened yet though.)

The only thing you can do is take one for a test drive and see if you fall head-over-heels or end up feeling indifferent. If you like it enough to spend the money and you have the cash to spare, then go for it :d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts