Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Decent bike, so don't knock it.

It'll take most of the cars on this forum...

Paul

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,843 Posts
Got a Kwaker Versys 650 and a Motormorini 350 Strada.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to hear :)

Compared to a car my bike is pretty nippy which keeps me happy, and it does 65mph which keeps Mrs.M happy :d

I have been on a ZX10R with decat/k&n it was mental :eek:

130+ @ wheel will be up there :devil:

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Compared to a car my bike is pretty nippy which keeps me happy, and it does 65mph which keeps Mrs.M happy :d
A 500cc (even restricted to 33BHP) will still top 100mph, I'd have thought.

My 125cc used to top out around 60mph...

Paul

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A 500cc (even restricted to 33BHP) will still top 100mph, I'd have thought.

My 125cc used to top out around 60mph...

Paul
I meant MPG - lol :d

It's a full fat 50hp :eek: capable of around 115mph.

I fancy a sport tourer next though. I really like the k6 GSXR but I think I would find it too uncomfortable for what I would use it for. The Triumph Sprint ST is appealing though. :cool:

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
My 22-year old ZX1000-B1 is very comfy, and will return 60mpg at a constant 90 all day long.

Should've realised you meant mpg...:d

Paul

P

·
0 Posts
My 24 year old ZX1000 A1 (Very modified) is rather comfy to....never got anywhere near that sort of mileage out of it :eek:

but everyone says I'm a little bit :crazy: :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
That'd be worth some money these days, Roy.

Never fancy going back to try one again?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got a 1977 MK1 Moto Guzzi Le-Mans, a 1981 MK2 Le-Mans and a 1994 Ducati 900 Monster. All of them in use all year round. Needless to say the Renault has never seen the inside of my garage.

·
Inveterate Bodger
786 Posts
That Ublo thing ain't a bike, it's a three wheeled mobility scooter with a roof...

And though the first part of Robbie's stunt was all a matter of physics, making sure your speed and position was right, and enormous brass ones (like a much more high stakes version of the avoidance manouevre test), the second bit was just mad. Looks like he has previous on that though (backflip over tower bridge) and he is after all sponsored by Red Bull. You want jaw-dropping suicide sport, take a look at their X-fighters. You **** something up during one of those tricks, you're dead, end of.

Anyway, as per sig, little ol' Honda CG 125 here, which is like the Ford Fiesta Popular 0.9L of bikes. Bogstandard spec, low powered but fast enough to not embarrass itself, reasonably good handling, comfort and carrying capacity but nothing at all special, tough and reliable, and recommended to / bought by learners who know next to nothing about cars (...or bikes).

I mean, hey, it got me home quicker cross-city than my mum (in her 1600cc Fabia) on an allegedly slower route earlier today. Can't complain. It may top out at a very noisy and hard-won 65ish, but it's a city and 3rd world gravel/mud track weapon. It's all about getting up to moderate speed with reasonable haste, keeping hold of it through the bends, but above all being generally indestructible (... if you discount the centre stand and inner tubes, the only things that have gone wrong and are fairly cheap fixes). Three figure economy doesn't hurt neither.

Question is whether to give it a mild bore-out or chop it in for something just a little quicker and not much less economic when I pass my test. Something like that, but with a sidestand, better headlamp, 149cc fuel-injected engine (still get £15/yr tax but able to reach 75+ and cruise at 60ish on A-roads / 56 in the truck lane with less difficulty), slight fairing and under-seat storage would be choice, but no-one makes anything like that round here :-/

1 - 20 of 73 Posts