Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Clio Mk2 2003 1.2 16v
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I know it’s all been asked many many times before but my Clio has just failed the MOT because the airbag warning light is on. I usually wiggle the wires under the seat before the MOT so the light goes out when it’s in the MOT but It wouldn’t work today.
I’ve read many posts about which wires to solder together to sort this out but can someone confirm please. I’ve attached a photo of the wiring.
Many thanks

Attachments

·
Clio Mk2 2003 1.2 16v
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry meant to say I was only querying this as I’ve read on a few forums to just solder the blue to blue wire together and the brown to brown. Do I not need either of the connectors shown in the photo and can just cut them out and join the 2 blue and 2 brown together?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,762 Posts
its defo the wiring under the seat thats at fault then?
Or?

·
Clio Mk2 2003 1.2 16v
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well usually when I wiggle the wires the light goes off so I assumed that was the main culprit.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,762 Posts
Could be , but not always its usually cheaper in the long run to have it diagnosed to make sure where the fault lies
Surprised MOT place did not offer for a fee to diagnose for you

To answer your question you are basically removing the plug by soldering the wires together so what ever colour blue goes to then join that wire to the blue, and whatever colour brown goes to join that wire

disconnect battery before doing this

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
and to add
Before you go ripping the plugs off after you've first disconnected the battery do a thorough inspection of the connectors and wires especially where they may have been trapped by the seat. If you can't find anything obvious clean the connectors put it back together and see if you can figure out where the issue lies, it probably is the connectors but you'll regret stripping them out if it's a broken wire. Try to hold the wire so that when you jiggle the connector the wire doesn't move as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem and it was the connection under the seat but the wires inside the actual plug were not holding on to the pins very well so i re did that and no further issue so before you cut wires just check the wire connection to the pins on the plug

my problem was that the cable tie that was used was too tight and eventually started pulling the wire out

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
5,248 Posts
If you are going to do this make sure you know which colour connects to which its not
always blue to blue and so on, the wires sometimes break just before the plugs so you
may have to shorten them a little, being sure you have the radio code disconnect the
battery half a hour before.

Reactions: wozz
1 - 8 of 8 Posts