Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,390 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,566 Posts
Don't worry Phil, it won't affect you, well not after the O2 credit runs out. :d
Will new drivers be forced to use Virgin Mobile ?

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
honestly we need to get out of europe sharpish!

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
:confused: I was under the impression that anyone with a mobile phone, can be tracked. Big Brother has been with us a long time

·
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe one day we'll have printers built into the dashboard that will print out a speeding/parking penalty tickets on the spot if you infringe any rules while driving.:(

Think I'll go and watch the movie Judge Dredd just to remind me of what's coming our way in the future :eek:

·
6,390 Posts
:confused: I was under the impression that anyone with a mobile phone, can be tracked. Big Brother has been with us a long time
that is not far off with people via insurance having a black box in the car to see how you drive have an accident look at the data oh you was speeding sorry your not insured :crazy:
Ron

·
Premium Member
6,286 Posts
Maybe one day we'll have printers built into the dashboard that will print out a speeding/parking penalty tickets on the spot if you infringe any rules while driving.:(

Think I'll go and watch the movie Judge Dredd just to remind me of what's coming our way in the future :eek:
don't be silly, you wouldn't need a printer, the black box would just ring your credit card details through and pay the fine on the spot

they could then email you the ticket and receipt through all at once after :eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Plus we're already being watched by traffic cameras, ANPR etc. So not sure how 'private' you think your movements are at the mo.

·
remember Murphy never sleeps
8,239 Posts
hi,I don't see a problem with the concept as long as its used as intended,in USA its up and running you can't stop advancement.don't forget that your cars ecu records when the air bag goes off you're speed at the time abs force so things are all ready there. As said before cell phones can teach you and messages retrieved from them so here's to the future cheers

·
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not forgetting this is another added electronic component to go wrong and cost £££'s for the dealers to replace when the time comes :(

·
6,390 Posts
if you have seen what i have seen on how you are being watch you would think of leaving the UK i am too old but if i could i would
Ron

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
21,848 Posts
Jesus you guys really know how to depress someone :eek:..thank god I wont be driving for many more years..my licence is up for renewal next year and I'm having second thoughts already..:crazy:

·
6,390 Posts
Jesus you guys really know how to depress someone :eek:..thank god I wont be driving for many more years..my licence is up for renewal next year and I'm having second thoughts already..:crazy:
its not just the driving what i saw it covers every thing you do just think of everything you do that involves a computer not much left is there
Ron

·
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So if we left the EU, our car makers wouldn't want to sell any cars in the EU, then?
A device which transmits only in the event of an accident isn't a surveillance network for 100 million vehicles.
In time will a charge be levied to the motorists for the 'emergency response' as all 3 emergency services will have to be dispatched ... it won't tell if the accident is vehicle/property damage only, or if there's personal injuries, or if there's fire/fluid spills.
iirc ambulance/hospital services are already chargeable to motorists involved in Road Traffic Incidents through legal claims settlements.
The only time this black box will be of any benefit is if you are in the middle of the countryside and you don't know exactly where, or if you are abroad (will it dial the international No? and will they respond the same?), or if you are unable to operate your mobile phone. Our motorways and streets are already monitored by more cctv than any other country.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts