Independent Renault Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Technical Supremo.
Scenic II, 2004, K4MW761, DPO
6,185 Posts
Please do that and tell us all about your success.

Both my Autel tools list the electic jobs by default but because I don't have any vehicle to practice on I have no idea what exactly is included in the BMS - the MX808 the guy on the video used is the same I have so I know THAT will at least speak proper Renault Lingo

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,456 Posts
That's my thought! There were a couple of days away and consequently less car usage, but August's bill was £75 & September's £176. I can't think of anything else that would have had that impact and the car was often left connected overnight. Typical weekly car usage is around 80 miles...
And there was me thinking that Leccie cars were supposed to be cheap to charge.
80 miles is about 2 gallons in my Q car, about 3 (short journeys) in the Kia.
And about 1.5 in my old Scenic 1.5 dci

Given a leasing fee for the battery as well, I cannot see me changing any time soon.

Doesn't hep with your problem but on the leccie bill, is that from actual units used or because supply company are playing with the bills and energy cost rises?
If you have a smart meter, the readout display should give an idea of units used at each stage of charging.
Or you could take meter readings at appropriate intervals and check actual.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
4,260 Posts
the launch crp 129 has had the zoe on the renault list since i bought it , i never noticed before , untill i can update poss mon if i get time under zoe
ABS
AIRBAGE
VARIBLE PAS
LBC
no idea what the lbc is i thought that was a radio station ;)

·
4,260 Posts
just put that app on my phone looks impressive if it does everything listed , am guessing you can check how its charging while you watch tv , now for us mortals its learning what alot of it means so we have some idea what is going on .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
After a bit of a fight, I have received the following from the Renault garage that performed the diagnostic checks on my battery: the details from the CLIP machine; and from the link the vehicle has with the Renault ICM system.

Does anything look suspicious? Is this the full days or is there more that has been hidden that would be useful, and if so what?

The 98% figure is clearly nonsense, as a full charge on a battery with a potential of 120 miles should therefore be 117.6 miles. 77 miles had been my greatest full charge value outside of a battery reset.

I am about to lodge a formal complaint while also looking at selling the vehicle, but I am a bit loathe to do that and burden someone else with the problem.

Attachments

·
Technical Supremo.
Scenic II, 2004, K4MW761, DPO
6,185 Posts
OK - sorted.

However, that pdf lacks info/details IMO:

1. No indication of the supposed reprogram to version "31093 " of whatever computer they say they updated
2. I don't have a Zoe here so cannot tell you exact figures for a fact and have to refer to that Autel video I posted:
a. Where is the missing info on the other about 80 cells? - it looks like there are 96 cells in total
b. Very interested to see the values for both highest and lowest individual cell charge status % - where are they? ............... and we need 3 sets there IMO - battery fully charged, about 50% used and near fully used
c. Missing the busbar voltages when fully charged and vehicle stationery and then also when driven hard (using a lot of battery energy) ............ from that one will be able to see how bad the actual quality of connections is wasting energy.
d. Why can they not give you the correct complete snapshot of all those parameters

So this is a 23KWH battery according to the pdf ............... does your brother's vehicle also run the exact same capacity battery and firmware update versions? ................. the one in the Autel video is 33KWH FWIW

Just me:

I do have an idea you will be banging your head against the wall with this one.

Expected range is a function of :
energy available in the charged battery
quality/state of interconnects (wiring from the cells to the motor)
intelligence of the control driver (thing connected to your foot)
quality/state of mechanical components like brakes
quality/state of electrical consumers like AC, PAS, ABS etc etc etc

Your description of the behavior of the range estimator would make me believe (even though some BMS info asked for is missing) that its actually doing the right thing based on engineering knowledge at the time of putting the vehicle in service initially, AND WHILE NOW ALSO TAKING INTO ACCOUNT QUALITY OF THE GENERAL STATE OF ALL MECHANICAL END ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS ON THE PARTICULAR VEHICLE AS OBSERVED WHILE VEHICLE IS IN USE................ if you reset the BMS or range estimator (like I suspect they did when it last time started off again reporting 120mile range) it will revert to initial engineering knowledge ca;culations only

I see from the pdf that 75% SOH is the agreed upon warranty replacement value ................ as long as CLIP reports 98% I reckon the battery is not to blame for you range-miseries if all the info you supplied here is factual and correct.

Don't know if you still have a guarantee on the vehicle itself, but I would, based on info here, rather start looking at THAT.

·
4,260 Posts
agree with above not much info there . you would get more info from that free app for the zoe

21 - 35 of 35 Posts