·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok fire away what do you think of this stuff is it an oil is it a snake

·
9,686 Posts
The blurb reads like another formulation of Molyslip.

·
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it reminds me of the same thing apart from no ptfe in it if that is what its called , just watched a video where it eats copper no idea if this is true .
now people used to say that redex was a snake oil but it has been proved to be a good additive once in a while , there are some trying this zx1 out on there cars but if i remember a turbo has some sort of copper bearing or am i thinking of some thing else so if the video is correct this stuff would be very bad for the turbo

·
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unusual for members not to comment >:)

anyway i bought a bottle as i watch others using it but me play it safe, half a bottle can go in the lawn mower the other half in the mrs pug 107 it rattles just like others do so interesting to see if it affects it i have a spare engine i keep meaning to swop over :grin2:

·
9,686 Posts
..... but me play it safe, half a bottle can go in the lawn mower the other half in the mrs pug 107
I hope your experiment works out well ..... you don't want to go and mess up that lawnmower engine >:):grin2:

Are you tempted to do the 'molyslip test' ? ..... ie drain the oil after the additive has had time to bond and see how smoothly ahd how long the engine continues to run 'dry' :nerd::smile2::crying2:

Reactions: Dancingdad

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,504 Posts
No comment.
Not come across it.
I'm always wary of possible snake oils.
At best may do something.
Sometimes have little effect but do no harm
At worst, will cause issues.

Pays ya money, takes your choice.
My money stays firmly in my pocket unless it is something needed.

·
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope your experiment works out well ..... you don't want to go and mess up that lawnmower engine >:):grin2:

Are you tempted to do the 'molyslip test' ? ..... ie drain the oil after the additive has had time to bond and see how smoothly ahd how long the engine continues to run 'dry' :nerd::smile2::crying2:
tempted

how to get rid of the mrs in one go >:)

·
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its in the mrs pug 107 we all know how the 107/c1/aygo sound like a bag of nails when cold some times when warm :grin2: so not told the mrs will ask her maybe next week if the cars ok ,then have a drive as well see if i notice any difference

1 - 8 of 8 Posts