Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,897 Posts
? You can get the official update via Renault MediaNav program. Just take the info from your medianav and plug your USB into your computer and let Renault's program update your files to 9.1.3. Or maybe you know this already and that's why your trying to downgrade.
I didn't thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I just updated from 5.2.8 to 9.1.3 and I noticed that the sound is lifeless ever since.
To which version do I need to downgrade in order to get the good sound quality?
8.0.5 or 7.0.5?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I just updated from 5.2.8 to 9.1.3 and I noticed that the sound is lifeless ever since.
To which version do I need to downgrade in order to get the good sound quality?
8.0.5 or 7.0.5?
8.0.5 Will restore your sound quality to its former quality

·
Registered
9 Posts
Okay thanks, can I just put the update.lgu of 8.0.5 on an USB stick and it will downgrade by itself or I'm forced to install the "fake 5.0.0" before?
Start with the fake 5.0.0, It wont recognise it as an update if you don't downgrade first

·
Registered
8 Posts
Start with the fake 5.0.0, It wont recognise it as an update if you don't downgrade first
Okay, I'll try tonight. Also, do you know what's different technically between 8.0.5 and 9.1.3? What's causing this poor sound quality with this update?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Okay, I'll try tonight. Also, do you know what's different technically between 8.0.5 and 9.1.3? What's causing this poor sound quality with this update?
I didn't notice any other difference other than the sound quality. 9.1.3 just tries to balance out the frequencies for songs in my opinion, I prefer to have my own control using the equalizers since I have installed an aftermarket subwoofer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I didn't notice any other difference other than the sound quality. 9.1.3 just tries to balance out the frequencies for songs in my opinion, I prefer to have my own control using the equalizers since I have installed an aftermarket subwoofer.
Do you think 8.0.5 is the best version for audio quality? What about 7.0.5 or others?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quality changes from 8.0.5 Upwards. It is the same from 8.0.5 downwards. The difference I noticed between 7.0.5 and 8.0.5 was that it would reset my equalizer settings sometimes on 7.0.5, but it doesn't on 8.0.5

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quality changes from 8.0.5 Upwards. It is the same from 8.0.5 downwards. The difference I noticed between 7.0.5 and 8.0.5 was that it would reset my equalizer settings sometimes on 7.0.5, but it doesn't on 8.0.5
Thanks a lot for all these infos.

Last thing before I downgrade, I saw that when downgrading with fake 5.0.0 and upgrading to 8.0.5, two problems occurs.
First is the ITaskMng windows that pops up when the Media Nav is booting:
Second is a pop up telling that its impossible to use the navigation because of the map licence:

Can you confirm that the files provided by @NeeK in page 1 of this thread do not cause these problems?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks a lot for all these infos.

Last thing before I downgrade, I saw that when downgrading with fake 5.0.0 and upgrading to 8.0.5, two problems occurs.
First is the ITaskMng windows that pops up when the Media Nav is booting:
Second is a pop up telling that its impossible to use the navigation because of the map licence:

Can you confirm that the files provided by @NeeK in page 1 of this thread do not cause these problems?
I don't remember getting such errors using @NeeK's files

·
Registered
152 Posts
clio974 alias RGMaster3 if I don't mistake.
The problems occur in your unit because of additional software what you had installed. In original units these doesn't exist.
And the problem of not opening navigation is because license is not recognizing the map files added in various ways, not official, or even license wrong. That is normal when you install a new firmware to put original files in the right places.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just downgraded with @NeeK files from 9.1.3. to 8.0.5. and everything went fine.
Now I have the same quality as before.
The 9.1.3. is definitely not a good update if you care about sound quality because it applies a "lifeless" filter to the audio.

Thanks to @NeeK and @mavhungu for the help provided.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts